PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT COVID-19 POLICY UPDATE and RECOMMENDATIONS
Dear Pet Owner,
I would like to assure you that we continue to closely monitor the quickly changing landscape around COVID-19. There is lots of information available, but much of it is not accurate or does not pertain to our situation here in Colorado. So I have gathered data from local sources to help you navigate our current situation.
- Even with the Stay-at-Home order, Great value Pet Clinic is still open. Veterinarians are deemed an essential business, so your pets can still receive care.
- Routine care is encouraged. Annual vaccine help prevent additional infectious disease outbreaks, and the Colorado Veterinary Medical Association is actively recommending that veterinarians continue to vaccinate on a regular schedule.
- We are taking significant precautions to minimize the risk of exposure to both you, our clients, and our staff.
- Curbside service and social distancing.
- Continuously cleaning and disinfecting the hospital.
- Wearing gloves and masks.
- Some Veterinary Hospitals are closing. New temporary business hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:30 am to 2pm. If you have any family or friends that have lost their veterinary care we are happy to see them and will get them in as quickly as we can. Our goal is to make sure our community is protected.
- We may recommend postponing some procedures. This will happen only if we deem that it WILL NOT put your pet at any increased risk.
- Last, please keep yourselves safe. There are many good resources on how to do that. One of the most important things to do is not touch your face. Wearing a mask, bandana, or buff when you are out in public can help remind you not to touch your face.
If your pet needs care, and you have had a fever, shortness of breath, or a significant cough, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19; please stay at home. While many clinics are closing amid the COVID-19 situation, Great Value Pet Clinic will remain open. Please tell your friends and family, like us on Facebook and give us a shout out on Nextdoor. We want to make sure we keep our community animals safe and healthy.
This is also a reminder from Great Value Pet Clinic. Your pet may be due for a wellness exam, dental cleaning starting at $250, or annual vaccinations! These services should be received by your pet at least once a year. Please call and make an appointment.
We look forward to seeing you and your pet!
Thank you for your business!
Eugene R. Clothier, DVM
Great Value Pet Clinic, LLC